Autoresponders are programs that automatically generate responses when they get information. Traditionally autoresponders were in demand for email management; now however these are very common in websites. Autoresponders like Aweber and Constant Contact find a lot of use in websites as customer service tools; they keep people informed that their requests or queries have been received and are going to be processed shortly. The autoresponder helps in marketing because every time a user tries to click on a link to establish a contact, the contact gets returned and reinforced. You can find out the pros and cons of both Aweber and Constant Contact to decide which autoresponder is best suited for your business.
Aweber Vs Constant Contact:
Aweber Vs Constant Contact:
- Aweber is perhaps one of the most highly recommended email marketing software which allows you to manage subscribers, create HTML templates, track emails etc. It is used by more than 100,000 businesses. It offers professional email sign-up forms which make it easy to create email lists and stay connected with your prospective and existing customers. When you want to create different newsletters and build up subscribers online, Aweber appears to make it easier for you. You can get separate sign-up forms for every list; Aweber will also offer pop-up forms that are found to be very effective for online marketing. Moreover, Aweber gives many more choices to businesses since it is possible to direct the subscribers to various pages from your website. In comparison, Constant Contact is better suited for businesses that already have a subscriber list which can be directly imported into your account.
- When contacts are imported into Aweber, they are automatically sent the confirmation emails. When the contacts click on the links provided in these emails, you can send them more messages. With Constant Contact it depends upon your discretion and you can confirm them “softly”; without a click on the confirmation message link by the receiver, you are not free to send any additional messages.
- As far as detailed tracking reports on how many clicks have been made are concerned, Constant Contact seems to score over Aweber. Aweber’s basic packages offer only limited reporting services and you will need to upgrade your account to get advanced tracking services. Constant Contact sends detailed reports on how many people received the email, how many clicked on the links and how many times the links were clicked, number of mails that have been forwarded.
- In terms of features, Aweber appears to have more user-friendly features since there are illustrative tutorials on the site which can benefit users and help them navigate better. Aweber also organizes regular webinars to help newbies to handle autoresponders.
- Aweber is known for providing round-the-clock customer service support through emails, and phone calls from a 24x7 staff. Constant Contact lets you create professional looking emails even when you do not have technical skills; you can even get free online support and guidance by chat, emails, and phone.
- Aweber is popular for offering affordable rates for the relatively bigger packages and therefore it is more profitable to choose Aweber when you have a reasonably long email list. Constant Contact in comparison provides better rates for the smaller email packages.